Mom in VA

Mom in VA

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gratitude A to Z

We're half way through November.  Since I've missed the boat on Thirty Days of Gratitude, I'm going to borrow my friend Jan's idea of a Gratitude Alphabet.  Here are some of the things in my life for which I am most thankful:

A--Avon, North Carolina ("the beach" to my family)
B--Baths and Bacon (it's a tie)
C--Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
D--Dad (aka Grandpa Dave)
E--Easter (my favorite holiday, for many reasons)
F--Family (including all the halves, in-laws, steps and twice removeds!  I love you all!)
G--Guardian Angels
H--Home, Sweet Home
I--Interesting People (I'm blessed to have many of these in my life--you know who you are!)
J--Jeff (words fail me)
K--Kids (I am incredibly grateful for all of my unique and beautiful children!!)
L--Laundry (but only when it's clean, folded and put away)
M--My Mother-in-Law (who I am happy to call my friend; and my Father-in-Law, who is pretty cool too!)
N--Noticing Little Things (particularly in the midst of chaos)
O--Old Friends (the ones who can pick up the story in five minutes, even when you haven't talked to them in five years)
P--Peppermint Joe Joe's (especially the dark chocolate covered ones)
Q--"qi" (this word has earned me more points in Words With Friends than any other)
R--Reading Stories
S--Scott (my favorite brother)
T--T21 (Patrick's special gift)
U--the United States of America
V--Valentine's Day
W--White Christmases (the only day of the year when I really do want to see snow)
X--Christ Jesus (the traditional abbreviation from the Greek--not some Communist plot to take Christ out of Christmas)
Y--Yarn (it reminds me of my Mom)
Z--Zzzzz (sleep, in any duration or location)

No comments:

Post a Comment